Style : Ethno, Gypsy, World Music
Released : 2008
Label : Irma Records
Size : 131 mb
Audio : VBR
01. Bellemou Messaoud - Wahran
02. Baba Zula - Ozgur Ruh
03. Dania - Transglobal Underground Mix
04. Les Negresses Vertes - Zobi La Mouche
05. Jah Wobble And Natasha Atlas - Soledad
06. Teresa Salgueiro And Coba - Sol Nascente
07. Luigi Cinque - Masaba Saturnia
08. Kajah And Bergovic - Sleepy My Dearest Sleep
09. Ayhan Sicimoglu - Historya De Un Amor
10. Les Italiens - Twist Manouche
11. Area - Comenta Rossa
12. Balkan Beat Box - Hermetico
01. Banda Lonica - Espinita
02. Lili Boniche - Alger Alger
03. Serge Gainsbourg - Les Amours Perdues
04. Jane Birkin - Elisa
05. Mercan Dede - Ab L Ru
06. Franca Masu - Cancon Per A Tu
07. Souad Massi - Ya Kelbi
08. Savina Yannatou - Terra Ca Nun Senti
09. Jadranka Stojakovic - Sto Te Nema
10. Laurence Revey - Requiem Pour Un Con
11. Bevinda - A Punta
12. Mayra Andrade - Lua
The ancient Romans always used to privilege solidity of land to water’s restlessness. The first naval battle between the Romans and the Carthaginians (260 BC) was won by the Roman fleet thanks to their ingenious tactical innovation: the Boarding-Bridge, which transformed a deceitful sea battle into a much more comfortable land one.
From that date onwards, thanks to that clever device, the Romans rapidly became the undisputed dominators of the Mediterranean Sea, soon turned into a sort of ‘home pool’, hence renamed by them ‘Mare Nostrum’ (Latin for ‘Our Sea’), infinitely more secure and hospitable than the unknown Ocean beyond the Pillars of Hercules.
In the title of the new ‘10 Corso Como’ 2CD Box Set the term ‘Mare Nostrum’ has obviously a totally different meaning. It defines, in an extremely concise way, the huge richness of music and culture of the many different peoples that look out to the Mediterranean basin, as wonderfully recalls Luigi Cinque in his learned preface.
You must register before you can view this text.